This report includes maps, data tables, counts, and charts – all illustrating licenses, current applications, and ABC Authorizations for alcohol-outlets in the area you select.
- Map of Master Licenses by Class (On-Sale, Off-Sale, Non-Retail)
- Map of Master On-Sale Licenses by Common Type (Type 40, 41, 42, 47, 48, 61)
- Map of Master Off-Sale Licenses by Common Type (Type 20, 21)
- Map of Master Non-Retail Licenses by Common Type (Type 1, 2, 23
- Map of Master License Applications by Class (On-Sale, Off-Sale, Non-Retail)
- Bar Chart of Census Tracts by number of Authorized vs. Actual Licenses & Current Applications
- Bar Chart comparing all Master Types – illustrating current Licensees & Applications
- Data Table of all outlet records and key data points
- Keys, Legends, and Glossary page describing all marks and common elements
- Licensing, enforcement, and geographic area data-attributions page
Data, Filters & Sources Data Filters Data Data Sources US Census – geographic and demographic data City of Los Angeles – geographic and crime data Los Angeles County – geographic data
California Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC) Outlet Licensing, Enforcement & Metrics
US Census – geographic and demographic data
City of Los Angeles – geographic and crime data
Los Angeles County – geographic data
Report Contents & Formatting These are the various peripheral elements contained in each report: Universal Keys, Legends, & Glossary Report Labeling Format
The report will be labeled with ‘California ABC Licenses, Applications, and Authorizations Report’ or similar
The report date, as well as the date of the underlying ABC data will be clearly indicated.
The delivered report is formatted as a machine-readable (searchable) PDF document.
Maps, charts, and other elements will be a superior resolution for crisp printing.
These are the various peripheral elements contained in each report:
Universal Keys, Legends, & Glossary
Legend Content Legend Elements Common License Types by Class
Alcohol outlets are typically illustrated on maps by Class such as On-Sale, Off-Sale, and Non-Retail.
We also provide maps that expand the class into individual common license types shown below. For further descriptions of license types see here.
Type 40 Beer – Bar or Tavern
Type 41 Beer & Wine – Restaurant
Type 42 Beer & Wine – Bar, Tavern
Type 47 Liquor – Restaurant
Type 48 Liquor – Bar or Night Club
Type 61 Beer & Wine – Bar, Tavern
Type 20 Beer & Wine Store
Type 21 Liquor Store
Type 1 Large Brewery
Type 23 Micro-brewery
Type 2 Winery
License – unique outlet ID number
Type – alcohol sales & environment
Class – common license type groups
Master – main outlet license type
Dupe – non-master use in outlet
Conditions – special mandatory terms
Address – outlet location
Tract – 2010 Census tract
ACTIVE – fully engaged license
REV – revocation
SUPEND – suspended
PEND – pending
SUREND – license surrendered
R64B – license issued and held
REVPEN – revocation pending
SLMSHD – special hold
Charges – accusation against outlet
Cleared – final ABC action taken
POIC – fine in lieu of penalties
Rev. Stayed – penalty probationed
Waived – penalty summarily dismissed
Agency – reporting law enforcement
Common License Types by Class
Licensing & Feedback Licensing and Feedback Feedback
The report is licensed under Creative Commons by 4.0.
A discrete PourSafe attribution will be placed on each element or page as appropriate.
Please feel free to share your feedback how we can better serve you, or improve how we communicate through the PourSafe website or reports.
Licensing and Feedback