About Arrest Data
Arrest data in this tool was obtained from the Los Angeles Police Department through the city’s Open Data portal here:
The LAPD categorizes Arrests. We have displayed here all the data in these categories:
14. Sex (except Rape/Prostitution)
16. Narcotic/Drug Laws
19. Disturbing the Peace
20. Disorderly Conduct
23. Moving Traffic Violations
24. Miscellaneous Other Violations
Location coordinates were provided in the original dataset.
Find various code descriptions in this document: MO CODES (Numerical) Updated 7/18/2018.
We did not alter any of the over 1.2m records in this dataset. However, we did add some columns to help us communicate this information more clearly. This includes a columns that hold:
- a column storing the 'location_1' data separated into 'lat' and 'lon' columns
- a 'geom' column to help with geospatial identification
- a 'prem_council' column to store existing council district number (joined with district polygons)
- a 'prem_neighborhood_council' to store the existing Los Angeles Neighborhood Council name (joined with district polygons)
- a 'census_2010' column to store CENSUS Tract (2010) polygon information for reported crimes
Please use our Customer Care system for help. This helps us answer your questions on a timely basis as well as support future users.